Terms & Conditions
The James St Cooking School reserves the right to alter or cancel a course without notice..
Bookings, Cancellations and Transfers
- We do no send written confirmation of bookings. Bookings are considered ‘confirmed’ once payment has been processed.
- We do not take tentative bookings.
- Bookings made via the website will receive an email once payment has been processed.
- Cancellations are non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend a class, in certain circumstances, you may be able to nominate someone to attend in your place.
- Bookings may only be transferred to another class with 5 working-days notice.
- For all bookings made with a Gift Certificate, please present the certificate at class sign-in.
- Discount codes are not redeemable when using in conjunction with a gift voucher.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted before or during practical cooking classes.
- For the safety of the individual and others, persons deemed by our staff to be intoxicated will not be allowed to participate in a class.
- In classes where it is specified that ‘matched wine/beer is included’, there is strict allowance of two glasses of wine or beer per participant included in your booking. This alcohol is only to be consumed as part of the sit-down meal at the conclusion of cooking.
Clothing and Footwear
- As a matter of Health & Safety, we require that all participants wear closed shoes, preferably leather, and no loose articles of clothing. Individuals wearing shorts, thongs, open-toed shoes, sandals or high heals will not be allowed to participate in a class.
- The School provides aprons for use during classes.
- The James St Cooking School does not cater for individual dietary requirements beyond what is denoted on the class schedule.
- The School is unable to provide alternatives or substitute ingredients for participants with special dietary needs.
- Menus listed on the James St Cooking School website are examples only and may differ due to seasonal variance and may be subject to change without notice.
- The School is unable to provide allocated parking for class participants.
- Alternatives such as taxis are strongly recommended.
- Gift Certificates are made out to a dollar value.
- They are valid for one year from date of issue.
- They can be used to book onto any course at the James St Cooking School.
- They can be used to buy any retail goods at the James St Cooking School (eg. knives, utensils, books)
How to Purchase A Gift Certificate
- You can purchase a gift certificate online via our online booking form or simply call 07 3252 8850 and we can organise one over the phone.
- When ordering online, please specify the dollar amount you wish the certificate to be, the name of the person receiving the certificate and the name of the purchaser.
- Please also let us know what you would like written on the certificate. ie: to Matt love Mum & Dad.
- Certificates are posted out by standard Australia Post or can be picked up from our premises.
How to Use A Gift Certificate
- For all bookings made with a Gift Certificate, you must present the certificate at class sign-in.
- When booking a course, please specify that you will be paying or partly paying with a Gift Certificate. You must also identy the voucher number and its’ dollar amount.
- If you wish to use the certificate for a course over its value, please let us know at the time of booking and we will arrange for the difference to be paid before the day of the course.
- For courses that are under the value of the certificate, the difference can be used towards another course, or towards the purchase of any goods sold at the cooking school, such as aprons, knives, utensils etc.